Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. It’s perfect for mornings, afternoons, and evenings. There are so many different ways to make coffee, and each country has its own unique take on the drink.
If you’re a coffee lover, then you should try some of these cafe drinks from around the world:
- Egg coffee– Who would have thought that eggs and coffee could go so well together? This drink originates from Vietnam and is made with egg yolks, sugar, condensed milk, and coffee. It’s rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious. You can also make this at home but as they say, nothing beats the real thing.
- Spanish cortado – A cortado is a cafe drink that originated in Spain. The milk is added to the espresso in a 1:1 ratio, resulting in a smooth and creamy drink. If you want something strong and energizing, then this is the cafe drink for you.
- Cappuccino – This classic Italian coffee drink is made with espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam. It’s usually served in a ceramic cup with a handle. The proportion of espresso to milk varies depending on who you ask, but it’s typically around 1:1 or 1:2. You can also add flavorings to your cappuccino, such as chocolate or vanilla.
- Irish coffee – This coffee is made with hot coffee, Irish whiskey, and sugar. It’s often garnished with whipped cream. The drink originated in Ireland, but it’s now popular all over the world. There’s no need to save this one for Patrick’s Day – it’s delicious any time of year! This is also a great coffee drink for those who want something a little stronger.
- Cafe au lait – This French coffee drink is made with coffee and steamed milk. It’s not to be compared with a latte, as the proportions of coffee to milk are different. A cafe au lait is typically 1:1 or 1:2, while a latte is more like 1:3 or 1:4. This is a great coffee drink for those who want something a little richer.
- Kopi Luwak – If you’re looking for a truly unique cafe experience, then you need to try Kopi Luwak. This coffee is made from coffee beans that have been eaten and digested by the civet cat. The beans are then collected, roasted, and ground to make the coffee. It’s said to have a rich and earthy flavor.
- Kaffeost – This Finnish coffee drink is made with coffee and cheese. That’s right, cheese! The cheese is typically a type of Finnish squeaky cheese called Leipäjuusto. It’s added to the coffee in cubes and melts into the drink as you enjoy it. This is a great coffee drink for those who want something a little different.
- Americano – Most cafes will have their own take on this classic coffee drink, but the basics are always the same. An Americano is made with espresso and hot water. The proportions vary depending on how strong you want your coffee, but it’s typically around 1:1 or 1:2. Those who want something a little lighter can ask for an Americano with less water.
- Dalgona coffee – This iced coffee drink originated in South Korea and has become popular all over the world. It’s made with instant coffee, sugar, water, and milk. All of the ingredients are mixed and then poured over ice. The result is a rich and creamy coffee drink that’s perfect for hot summer days.
- Turk Kahvesi – This Turkish coffee is made with coffee, water, and sugar. It’s usually served in a small cup with a handle. The coffee grounds are left in the cup, so it’s important to stir before drinking. When made correctly, Turk Kahvesi is thick and foamy. It’s a great coffee drink for those who want something strong and potent.
So, there you have it – 10 cafe drinks from around the world that you should try at least once in your life. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your cafe-hopping adventure today!
Is your favorite cafe drink on the list? Let us know in the comments below! We’d love to hear from you.