It’s the holiday season once again! Most likely, you’re busy making your list and checking it twice. But there’s one family member you should not forget: your dog!
Dog gift-giving is a multibillion-dollar industry, which means you have hundreds of products to choose from. It can feel overwhelming. Narrow down your choices with these six remarkable presents:
- Grooming Kit
Who doesn’t want their dog to look their best at all times? However, pooches cannot groom themselves properly, unlike cats and even alpacas. They need your help! What better way to do that than to invest in a grooming kit.
You can have different supplies in your grooming kit, but make sure that you have the basics:
- Shears: Dog scissors are available in different styles. The thinning shears for dogs, for example, help create texture, while straight scissors are perfect for trimming hairs around the face and paws.
- Clippers: Clippers are ideal for giving your dog a full haircut or for just tidying up their coat in preparation for a show. There are many clipper sizes and styles on the market, so make sure to do your research before buying.
- Brushes and Combs: A good brush or comb is essential for removing tangles and debris from your dog’s coat. Brush styles include bristle, pin, steel, and slicker.
- Ear Cleaner: A canine ear cleaner is necessary if your dog has dirty ears or if they are prone to infections. You can help them avoid these problems by cleaning their ears regularly.
- Rake: A rake is an excellent tool for removing dead hair from your dog’s coat, which will help keep them healthy and free from mats.
- Dog Bed
Dogs love their comfort just as much as humans do, and a good quality bed is a perfect way to ensure they’re cozy and content. Not all mattresses are created equal, so here is a checklist of things to look out for when you’re buying:
- Firmness: Some dogs like to cuddle with their bed, while others prefer the support of a more firm base. Make sure you know what your dog prefers before you buy! A plush bed for one dog may be too firm for another, and vice versa
- Cover material: You can choose between suede or leather finishes on beds.
- Size: What is the best dog bed size? The weight and dimensions of your dogs are essential here. The general rule is to add between 4 and 6 inches on the dog bed if you have a small dog and double these numbers if you own a big one.
- Doggie Cookbook
Now, this is a more “fun” present. As you probably know, dogs are not just pets – they are part of the family! And that family will have different tastes and preferences, so make sure your pup has their favorite treats available with this unique doggie cookbook.
These books feature easy-to-follow recipes for all sorts of dog treats and snacks. There are baking recipes, slow cooker recipes, and even some ideas for human food you can share with your furbaby!
- Dog Life Jacket
The holidays mean lots of fun activities for you and your pooch. If you plan on spending time around the water this year, a doggie life jacket is essential.
Not only is it essential to keep your dog safe, but it’s also crucial that you protect yourself. If you’re in the water with your pet and they get tired, they could drag you under – not good! Make sure everyone involved in the fun stays safe by investing in a quality life jacket this Christmas.
- Dog Daycare
Some people don’t like the idea of leaving their dogs at home all day. It might be time to look into doggie daycare if you’re among that group! There are many benefits to enrolling your puppy in a play-and-learn program, including:
- Exercise: Dogs need lots of physical activity every day. Daycare provides the perfect outlet for their energy.
- Socialization: Dogs need to interact with other animals and people. Daycare provides plenty of opportunities for them to do just that.
- Education: Daycare gives your pup a chance to learn some new tricks (or reinforce old ones!).
- Dog GPS Tracker
If you’re like most pet lovers, you’re probably worried about your dog daily. Of course, they can’t call for help if they get lost, so consider investing in one of the latest canine GPS trackers to give you peace of mind when you’re out and about with your pooch.
These devices are the perfect solution for anxious pet parents. They work by attaching to your dog’s collar and then sending updates to your phone as to their location. You’ll never have to worry about them getting lost again!
In the end, dogs only want your company and love. But it doesn’t hurt to shower them with presents once in a while, especially during the holidays.