Is Netgear mywifiext.net not working error giving you a hard time? If yes, it’s time to ease out the worry lines on your forehead because we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ve mentioned every tip and trick required in order to access the mywifiext page without any hassle.
Note: In case you get stuck at any point while trying to log into your Netgear WiFi range extender, feel free to drop your queries in the comments section below. Someone or the other will surely answer your query.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Mywifiext.net Not Working
- Did You Follow the Correct Login Steps?
One of the major reasons why you aren’t able to access the mywifiext web page is because you’ve followed incorrect login steps. To fix this issue, carefully walk through the instructions mentioned below and perform Netgear extender login properly:
- Connect your Netgear extender to the WiFi router with a cable.
- Open up a web browser on your laptop and access mywifiext.
- The Netgear extender login page will appear.
- Fill in the default username and password of your WiFi device.
- Click on the Log In button and connect your device to the extender Netgear_ext SSID.
Did You Use the Correct Web Address
A wrong web address is another big reason why users face issues while trying to log into their extender. To prevent yourself from making the same mistake, make sure that you type the right web address to log into your device.
If doing so doesn’t work, then it is recommended that you make use of http://192.168.1.250. It is the default IP address of your Netgear WiFi range extender. In case you have any doubts regarding the default IP of your device, refer to the Netgear manual.
- Is the Firmware of Your Extender Updated?
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue is to update the firmware of your WiFi range extender. Relax! Updating the firmware of your Netgear extender won’t take much of your precious time.
Simply the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your WiFi device in a jiffy:
- Ensure that your extender is properly connected to the router.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and log into the extender.
- Go to Settings. Click on the Firmware Update button under Administration.
- Give your Netgear WiFi range extender some time to fully get updated.
What About the Web Browser? Is It Updated?
An outdated web browser is one of the many mistakes that you committed while trying to log into your Netgear extender. Thus, make sure that you update your web browser before performing Netgear extender login.
If required, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser. Doing so will decrease one reason that is stopping you from accessing mywifiext.net.
- Have You Placed Your Router At Its Ideal Location?
This one is a must. If you haven’t placed your extender at its ideal location, it is recommended that you do it now! Additionally, consider the below-mentioned points:
- Place your Netgear extender in the center-most location of your home.
- Choose a location that is clean and well ventilated for your WiFi device.
- Keep devices like cordless phones, washing machines, treadmills, Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and televisions away from your extender. Doing so will ensure that the WiFi signals of your device don’t get interrupted.
- Also, do no place your extender near reflexive surfaces like mirrors and fish tanks.
After considering these tips, try to log into your extender and access the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Are you able to access the Netgear Genie dashboard without facing any issues? If yes, feel free to share your experience through the comments section below.