How Does Delta-9 THC Work?
THC stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or D-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D-9-THC). It’s a molecule of cannabinoid found in marijuana (cannabis) that has long been recognized as the primary active ingredient in psychotherapy–that means it’s the ingredient that causes users of marijuana to experience a high.
THC is one of over 400 active compounds and 60 different cannabinoid compounds–in marijuana, though THC is the most well-known. Another vital molecule of cannabinoid which has attracted a lot of attention has been cannabidiol (CBD).
How THC Works
THC functions by forming a bond with our human body’s cannabinoid receptors throughout the nervous system and brain. THC can be found throughout the body longer than other drugs (up to twenty hours following the ingestion), but the psychoactive effects last only for a couple of hours. Read more about ultra hhc.
The forms of THC
THC is commonly consumed as marijuana (dried leaves of the Cannabis plant); However, there are many different ways THC can be utilized. It is a popular ingredient for:
- Inhalation This is the quickest delivery method and creates the most rapid psychoactive effects, which can be felt by people who begin to feel the effects within moments. There are many different methods that THC could be consumed.
- Consumption by mouth THC can be taken orally as capsules or edibles like Delta 9 THC gummies, tinctures, or even oils. Although this delivery method can take longer to show an effect, the effects can last for longer.
- Application to the skin THC can be present in balms, lotions, oils, salves, and bath salts, then applied to the skin. The effects from this application method tend to be specific, meaning that they’re unlikely to cause psychoactive effects. But, these substances could aid in the reduction of inflammation and pain.
- Administration of sublingually THC may also be consumed in sprays, tablets, or dissolvable strips placed on the tongue.
THC is utilized for recreational purposes; however, it has many medicinal uses. Marijuana has been used to treat medicinal reasons since the beginning of time. However, research into the use of marijuana to treat and treat illnesses is fairly new.
A few of the ailments for which THC can treat include:
- Inflammatory intestinal disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle spasticity
- Poor appetite
- Disorder of post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- The reduction of opioid use
- The symptoms associated with HIV/AIDS
Is Delta-9 THC Addictive?
In the United States, cannabis ranks third after alcohol and tobacco in terms of popularity. Although many believe it is not addicting, THC tolerance and dependence have been extensively documented in numerous studies.
From CannaAid, you can purchase delta 9 products with many benefits at affordable prices.