If you’re like most people, you probably think that staging your home for sale is something only professional decorators and real estate agents can do. But what if I told you that with a little bit of effort, you could stage your home to sell in just 7 days?
In this article, we’ll provide some simple tips and tricks to help you get your home ready for sale. We’ll also give you ideas on how to increase the value of your home by making it look and feel more spacious and inviting.
How to get your home ready to sell in 7 days
Once you decide to put your home on the market, it is important to start staging as soon as possible. Here are some of the steps you can take in order to stage your home successfully:
- De-clutter– The first step is to de-clutter so that potential buyers have a better sense of how much space your home has and can envision themselves living there. This means removing any unnecessary furniture, knick-knacks, photos, and other personal items that might distract buyers or make them feel like they are intruding in someone else’s space.
- Depersonalize– Next, depersonalizing your home is key to creating a neutral atmosphere that appeals to the widest variety of potential buyers. This includes taking down personal photographs, wall art, and other items that could make buyers feel like they are living in someone else’s home rather than their own.
- Add living room furniture– Investing in some new living room furniture from Salt Lake City can help create a cozy atmosphere that can be appealing to potential buyers. Consider adding a sofa, armchair, and coffee table, as well as some decorative pillows or throws to make the living room look inviting and comfortable.
- Update lighting– Adding additional lighting can help make the home brighter and more open, giving it an updated feel that appeals to buyers. Try adding lamps in the living room and bedrooms, as well as under cabinet lighting in the kitchen to make it feel more modern. This can also be a good time to replace outdated light fixtures and bulbs with more contemporary options.
- Add fresh paint– Fresh paint can do wonders in making a room look new and inviting. Stick to neutral colors that will appeal to the widest range of buyers, such as whites, beiges, or grays. This will create a fresh and modern feel that buyers can appreciate.
- Spruce up the exterior – First impressions are everything when it comes to selling your home, so making sure the outside looks inviting is essential. This includes mowing the lawn, trimming any overgrown trees or bushes, as well as pressure washing siding and walkways to make them look their best.
- Stage the rooms – Finally, you want to stage each room of your home to show potential buyers how they can use the space. Place furniture in a way that makes it look inviting and create little vignettes with accessories and art to give buyers an idea of what the room could look like when it’s finished.
By following these tips, you can quickly and easily stage your home to sell in 7 days or less. You don’t have to be a professional decorator or real estate agent to make your home look inviting and appealing to potential buyers!
How to increase the value of your home
In addition to staging your home, you can also make some simple upgrades that will increase its value in the eyes of potential buyers. Here are some ideas on how to do just that:
- Update kitchen appliances – Investing in new kitchen appliances is always a wise move when it comes to selling your home. Try replacing old dishwashers, ovens, and microwaves with newer models that look sleek and modern.
- Add hardwood flooring – Installing hardwood floors throughout your home can give it an elegant feel that will increase its value significantly. This is a relatively inexpensive investment that can yield great returns when it comes time to sell your home.
- Freshen up bathrooms– Buyers often look for homes with updated bathrooms, so freshening them up can be a great way to increase the value of your home. Consider replacing old countertops, sinks, and faucets as well as adding new tile or painting walls in neutral colors.
- Improve outdoor spaces– Buyers often want outdoor spaces that are inviting and well-maintained, so updating the patio or yard can be a great way to increase the value of your home. Consider adding furniture, planting flowers and trees, or building a deck or patio for added value.
By following these tips, you can increase the value of your home and make it more appealing to buyers. With the right updates and staging, you can ensure that your home sells quickly and for top dollar!