Some people are thinking about whether it’s better to have a personal car or refuse to buy it at all. This is an eternal dispute between motorists and their opponents. Both opinions have a right to exist. Both of them have their pros and cons.
In this article, we will briefly talk about the main trends of the 21st century and analyze some of the pros and cons of obtaining your car.
Trends in the World of Motorists
Today, society is trying to abandon internal combustion engines and move to more environmentally friendly vehicles like electric cars. Pollution of the environment with exhaust gases is one of the most serious problems of our time. Therefore, many car owners refuse cars and sell them.
In addition, megacities like Dubai are actively developing car rental services and providing certain benefits to owners of electric cars. Today, any person has the opportunity to rent a car with or without a driver. For example, businessmen often refuse to buy a car and prefer to rent Rolls Royce in Dubai during a business trip. It allows them to get to the right place quickly. Car rental companies have become a common thing and provide their customers with a wide selection of simple and luxury rental cars. It saves a lot of money.
Bicycles, electric scooters, segways, and other modern gadgets designed to move a person around the city and avoid traffic jams are also actively popular. It doesn’t mean that the number of cars will decrease dramatically. However, it will help modern man to make a choice.
Pros and Cons of Having a Car
Owning a car is a pleasure for which you have to pay. Moreover, sometimes you should spend not your money but also your nerves and time, and, in some cases, health. And so, here is our list of pros and cons:
- You can get to any point at your discretion and the desired speed and number of stops. In addition, you will do it faster than by public transport. And a long trip in your own car is much more comfortable and cheaper.
- If your workplace is associated with constant movement around the city, you simply can’t do without a car.
- Today, a car isn’t a means of transportation but an attribute of a certain position in society.
- It’s convenient for families with children and people with pets.
- An expensive car can delight others, and such attention is very flattering for many.
- You don’t depend on the schedule and route of public transport. You are free to go where and when you want.
- You will have to spend money on a car that could be spent on something more significant in your life.
- You will need to systematically buy an insurance policy and pay transport tax.
- You have to fill up the car constantly. Fuel is becoming more expensive day by day.
- You will have to shell out money for repairs and maintenance.
- In addition to financial costs, you sometimes have to stand in traffic jams, swear at drivers who still don’t know how to drive, and break the rules in every possible way.
- You can get into an accident. It’s also an additional waste of time, money, and, most importantly, nerves and health.
As you can see, having a car has its pros and cons. We don’t impose our opinion on anyone. It’s up to you to decide whether you want to buy a Rolls Royce or there is no need for this at all. The main thing is to be careful on the road, whether you are driving or walking along the sidewalk.
Passionate Writer, Blogger and Amazon Affiliate Expert since 2014.