When you are planning to buy doormats to place at the entrance, you must know that there are various types of mats available. These mats have specific benefits and are made from different materials. Depending on your needs, you can choose one of these mats. Most of the reputed brands offer a wide variety of entryway mats. It is important to be aware of these types so you can decide the one that suits you the best.
Different entryway mat types
The different entryway mat types you can consider buying are:
- Drainable Border Outdoor Mats: These mats are the best for stopping water, mud, dirt, and sand from entering your home. This is particularly useful if you have a garden at the front of your home or you live in an area with lot of mud. These mats are perfect for use outdoors. Water can drain freely making this an ideal mat for outdoor use. You can buy a mat of any color and any size depending on your needs.
- Classic Mats: These traditional mats are classic in appearance but innovative in function. Made from polypropylene, the outside pattern is waffle-shaped. This ensures all dirt can be scraped off easily. The mat is made in such a way that it dries quickly. These mats can be used both indoors and outdoors. They come with an anti-static option that is needed in places where people work with electronic items.
- Fashion Mats: These fashionable mats enhance the appearance of the room where they are placed. They are used for interior décor to complement other décor elements. You can choose from various colors, designs, and patterns to match the décor. These mats are more suitable inside the home. You can look for polypropylene mats with a fabric lining, which provides both functionality and looks.
- Diamond Classic: A variation of the classic mat is the diamond classic. The diamond patterns on the mat enhance its appearance. The mat would have a dam border to prevent spillage. The mats are suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
- Eco mats: Eco mats are meant for those who care for the environment. The eco-friendly mats are made from natural fiber and from recycled materials. These mats are suitable for indoors and outdoors. The indoor mats come with a fashionable edge. The mats feature a herringbone pattern that allows people to scrape their shoes and remove mud and dirt easily.
- Half oval: Mats are traditionally rectangular. Half oval mats or half-moon shaped mats are popular. They are suitable where the entryway is small. It is also suitable to handle heavy-duty traffic.
- Superscrape: These are heavy-duty mats that can be kept at the entryway to a garden.
Having gone through the list of entryway mats, you can choose the one that suits your needs the most. Ensure you buy a quality mat from a top brand like WaterHog mats. This ensures you will get a durable mat that perfectly meets your requirements.