The Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as the Healthy India programme, was initiated by the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is a component of the National Health Policy of 2017, which was created to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
The Indian government is seeking, through the Ayushman Bharat Yojana programme, to replace the traditional segmented and sectoral delivery of healthcare and wellness services with a holistic strategy focused on the population’s requirements. Anyone can save and view their personal health details with the Abha creation portal.
This article will investigate the objectives, qualities, and benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
What Is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana employs a method for continuing care that is founded on the following two components:
Pradhan Ayushman Bharat Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, a medical insurance programme known as PMJAY, is offered by India’s government to those economically disadvantaged and socially marginalised members. These people in the community are weaker, more vulnerable, and more marginalised. On September 23, 2018, the Honorable Prime Minister, Mr Modi, presented the PMJAY as a component of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana to make secondary and tertiary healthcare for the economically disadvantaged portions of society accessible and cashless.
Constructing Health and Wellness Centers the Ayushman Bharat Yojana program’s primary objective is to create 1.5 million health and wellness centres across India so that millions of Indians can conveniently access medical treatment. The Abha portal is the best place to maintain all your medical records to cater to your particular needs.
These facilities will be prepared to offer Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC), child health services, maternity health services, non-communicable disease prevention and treatment, free diagnostic services, and free essential medications. In addition, these facilities will be able to provide all of these services at no cost.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Benefits
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits that the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has brought not only to the people who have benefited from it but also to the healthcare system in India.
Five Benefits Of The Ayushman Bharat Yojana For The Beneficiaries:
- This health insurance welfare programme includes coverage for three days of pre-hospitalisation costs, up to 15 days of post-hospitalisation expenses, and both intensive and non-intensive healthcare services with a family-floater health insurance policy of 5 lakhs per family. Those are the amounts that are covered.
- Because of the PMJAY medical insurance programme, about 10 crore families in rural India (eight crore families) and urban India (two crore families) would be eligible to receive Swasthya Suraksha, which literally translates to “health protection.” Most of these households are classified as belonging to either the lower middle class or, the lower class of society. The socioeconomic and caste census data from the most recent census will be utilised to choose the households that will get benefits (SECC).
- This entitlement-based health insurance plan will extend coverage to all families found in the SECC database that satisfy the prerequisites for participation in the programme and qualify for benefits. There will be no age limit or limit on the number of people in a family, which is for the use of all recipients, especially mothers, young girls, and the elderly.
- The PMJAY will pay for your medical expenses if you have to be hospitalised and require primary, secondary, and tertiary care. This medical insurance programme provides a list of more than 1,350 medical plans, which cover a variety of medical expenses, including those associated with daycare, surgery, pharmaceutical prices, diagnostic testing, transportation, food, and lodging costs.
- Under the PMJAY health insurance plan, which will provide mandatory coverage for all pre-existing conditions beginning with the programme, no hospital will be permitted to refuse coverage or treatment for any pre-existing conditions.
Five Benefits Of The Ayushman Bharat Yojana For The Public Healthcare System Of India:
- Help India realise the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and the “leave no one behind” guiding concept by contributing to their accomplishment of these goals.
- Complete the mission of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Increasing the affordability and accessibility of high-quality secondary and tertiary health services requires ensuring that public hospitals provide quality services and forming strategic partnerships with private hospitals, particularly those not-for-profit providers in regions of the country where the public healthcare system is underfunded.
- You can restrict the cash outflow and eventual significant financial liabilities for members of society who are poor, vulnerable, and economically backward if you ensure lower healthcare costs, particularly for substantial healthcare conditions and circumstances.
- Make it a priority to strengthen the public healthcare systems by injecting additional cash for medical insurance.
It is evident that Ayushman Bharat holds a great future for healthcare in India. Its emphasis on preventive services, diagnosis, and treatments promises to offer all citizens improved access to affordable health care. It means better diagnostics and treatment for those who need it and economic gains associated with lower out-of-pocket spending and less demand for private sector services.
Furthermore, Investment in preventive health promotion and preventative services contributes towards the sustainability of healthcare funding over time. Ayushman Bharat might be the beginning of realising universal health coverage goals in India, paving the way forward for a healthier nation. This initiative has immense potential to revolutionise healthcare across India, ensuring everyone gets access to quality care regardless of their socio-economic status!
Passionate Writer, Blogger and Amazon Affiliate Expert since 2014.